Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SNOW FALLING IN SPRING reviewed by readers on BookBrowse


Snow Falling in Spring : Coming of Age in China During the Cultural Revolution
by Moying Li

READER REVIEWS

Rated 5 of 5 by Laurie Milton
Inspiring!
This book was given to me as a birthday present and I am so grateful. The beautiful soul of writer Moying shines through and matches the beautiful author photograph. I am inspired to follow my dream and I deeply believe I can do it, referencing the tenacious strength of the author. I sit in awe of her story of coming of age in China during the cultural revolution. God bless you Moying for sharing with all of us.We need it. I live by your quote: EACH ONE,TEACH ONE - and you have.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rated 5 of 5 by H.
Supreme
I am only half way through the book but is one of the best books I have ever read! I usually do not read memoirs (because I like fiction) but my wonderful grandmother turned me to this book and I decided to give it a try. When i started to read Snow Falling In Spring I was blown away by how well the book flowed from one topic to another. Each chapter was like it's own separate story but the author Moying Li always found a couple of ways to tie the previous chapter into the next chapter. Every time I would read this book, I would get so lost in the time period, the plot, the big events that I would forget where I was. One time, I was reading the book at school and the teacher had to call my name at least 5 times to get my attention because I was entirely engulfed in the book. I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone, even if you don't like certain types of books. Read about the first 3 chapters and I can almost guarantee that you will fall in love with this spectacular book. Give it a try!!

For the full article, click here.

No comments: